Friday, July 19, 2013

Barcelona - a newly discovered love

In the end of june I went to Barcelona with my boyfriend for 5 days. Due to a mediterranean shipcruise we already spent a full day there about one month ago. At that time I wasn't very impressed by the agitated, hectic and noisy Barcelona. But what are second chances for. So we packed our bags and took a plane to Spain.

I was quite surprised when I fell a little bit in love with this city!

Magic Fountain (Montjuïc)
The fountain show near Placa Espanya was amazing, especially at night. Numerous lighting effects and great music will spice up your night. Especially when the favorite tapas bar is located just a 5 minute walk away.


There you could enjoy tapas, tapas, tapas!! Super delicious jamón ibérico de bellota, pan con tomate, pulpo and shrimp salad, perfectly cooked pork with a chocolate sauce and an excellent cheese platter.

But there are two more delicacies you cannot miss in Spain...


seafood paella
In Spain you will find paella in many different variations. But for me as a huge seafood fan the choice is usually easy - seafood paella. Mussels, shrimp, squid and an incomparably delicious flavor - the result was that I immediately had to buy a small paella pan to try my very first own paella at home.

And what feels better after a nice meal than a super delicious mojito?!





Of course, Barcelona has also a lot to offer in terms of culture. Besides Parc Güell (very crowded), Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, La Rambla, Plaza de Cataluna and Montjuic we also went to the beach to relax.

Casa Batlló
I just love spain! The mentality, food, weather... Barcelona is a perfect combination, especially as some beaches are in walking distance from the city center. I'll be back!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment